Thursday, May 1, 2008

Erika & Brian Got Married!

On April 26th, 2008, I had the complete and utter pleasure to be part of Erika and Brian's wedding day. I have attended a lot of weddings and this one was just special to me. This time it was one of my friends getting married, Erika. I got to know Erika through my other blog on Xanga which I started while I was planning my own wedding. I needed a way to put down my hopes and dreams of my future wedding, and since I was a wedding vendor, it just didn't feel right to post on The Knot (as bad as I wanted to be a knottie). I started my own little blog, and Erika ran across it one day, and decided to ask me a question about something that I can't even recall anymore. Eager to speak to a bride that was actually getting married in Las Vegas. I quickly replied. Soon we were messaging back and forth happily chatting away as to where the cheapest liquor in Vegas can be found (Lee's Discount Liquor if you're curious), and our flower arrangements. It's amazing to me how one day, one special moment in life, can bond two complete strangers living across the country. Erika became my wedding buddy. When the opportunity arose to photograph her and Brian's day, I jumped at the chance.

Erika and Brian's day was a spectacular day. Full of love, laughter, and most of all sheer joy at the fact that these two people were becoming husband and wife. I cried. I laughed. I danced along to Soulja Boy. I feel completely blessed to have documented all the emotions running through out the day. Thank you Erika and Brian.

Now on to the show! Also I believe that Erika's day was not only beautiful due to the emotions but the awesome planning she did, as well as all of her vendors. At the end of this post you will find links to all of the vendors that she used to make day gorgeous.

The day began at Mandalay Bay where Erika got ready with the help of her bridesmaids:




This is probably one of my favorite shots of the day. I love the feeling of cheekiness and preparation that comes through it.




I posted a sneak peak with a similar photograph, but I think this one came out nice too:




I think for these next few photographs I will let Brian's look on his face as he watched Erika come down the aisle say it all.











Erika was radiant. You could just tell by the look on her face, she was soooo happy.



After the ceremony, Erika and Brian were so smoochy!




Now on to the stuff that bridal dreams are made of. Erika did a fantastic job planning down to the very last detail. Her details were astoundingly gorgeous. I mean I walked into the reception room and my jaw dropped. It was so awesome to see all of her planning come to fruition. 

Check out her bouquet:



And these amazing placecard trees:





And her place settings:



Although to be honest, what I think made their day the most special was how much fun everyone had. I mean everybody had a complete and utter good time.

As you can tell:







I won't leave you without a slideshow. I was going to use a different song, but I chose so many photos I had to end up using two, and these went together so perfectly....

Enjoy!









Erika and Brian, let me thank you again for letting me part of such a wonderful part in your lives. I'll talk to you soon!

Vendors:
Ceremony location: St. Francis of Assisi 
Reception Venue: Cili at Bali Hai
Flowers: The Palette
Hair & Makeup: Sarah Vickery 702-810-3177
Videographer: DocumentLife




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are blown away!!! First thing I thought of when I woke up this morning....Thank you so much for capturing the moments...The slideshow was awesome and I can't wait to share this with everyone.

Anonymous said...

Keny-Great job on your first solo wedding!! You ROCK. Congrats Erika-Jacqui